The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test

5 posters

Go down

Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test Empty Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test

Post by Chopperguth Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:24 pm

After news about Lance's breach of the French Anti-Doping regulations now this:(

Olympic champion Tyler Hamilton, once touted as the next great American cyclist and an heir to Lance Armstrong’s throne atop the sport, ended his doping-tarnished career Friday by saying he tested positive for a banned substance and would retire.

Hamilton admitted taking an herbal product for two days in February to combat depression, knowing it included a steroid.

“There’s nothing to fight about,” the 38-year-old Hamilton told The Associated Press. “I took a banned substance. I accept the consequences. You make mistakes in your life and I accept the penalty like a man.”

What a putz! If it's truely depression he should have seen a medical Dr who could have prescibed something legal:)

I think I'm going to cancel all my cycling Mags except for Dirt Rag.... I'm tired of hearing about all this crap. Maybe they should just make the UCI road races a reality TV series!

BOYCOTT The TOUR 2009
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test Empty Re: Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test

Post by MOAR Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Vive le Tour!
MOAR
MOAR
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 539
Your Current Location : In a van, down by the river.
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.canyon.com/_en/

Back to top Go down

Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test Empty Re: Tyler Hamilton Retires after positive test

Post by Sharpbike Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 pm

I will not be there. I leave 15 may. I still would not boycott the tour.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bcane98 Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 am

Chopperguth wrote:After news about Lance's breach of the French Anti-Doping regulations now this:(

What's the deal with Lance?
bcane98
bcane98
Gear Masher

Number of posts : 1569
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:10 pm

If you go to SI.com you can read all of the atricles about the whole issue.

Drew

Drew
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 175
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chopperguth Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

bcane98 wrote:
Chopperguth wrote:After news about Lance's breach of the French Anti-Doping regulations now this:(

What's the deal with Lance?

The French tester came to his house and requested blood & pee pee. His trainer said he wanted to verify with the UCI officals that this dude was legit. With that said....Lance thought it would be a great time for a 30 min shower and left the sight of the tester. He did end up giving the requested samples and they came back clear but according to the French Anti Doping rules you can't leave the sight of the tester. Lance swears that the tester said it was ok for him to leave...... Lance should have known better. He knows they are out to get him and yet he gave them the opportunity to stop him from racing in this years tour. Although this will have no impact or suspension from the UCI; the Frence have thier own Anti Doping Rules & they can block him from racing the tour. They should turn this crap into a soap opera! Down with the "tour"!!!
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum