The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!!

3 posters

Go down

American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! Empty American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!!

Post by 2NINER Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:02 am

Hey all it's been awhile, just a quick note...the American River Bike Trail that is talked up so much here...blows! Still haven't had time to try out any serious MTB Trails...I'm sure they are out there. Me and the frau rode about half of the trail...it's paved, lots of roadies and beach cruisers, kids, walkers, horses, etc...sorta kinda like a watered down car free day on cool-aid...and the next time some one says "On your Left", I'm gonna throw a stick in their spokes..., seriously where the hell else are you gonna pass me. Drove me f'en crazy...I guess it's "cool" to be able to throw out the verbage as you pass a "slower" rider, bunch of f'en losers! I already have a nick name for these euro wannabeeeeeessss, ARB Champions! All decked out in the latest and greatest kits, $5-8000 bikes and they ride this sorry ass bike trail/road or what the hell ever you want to call it. Anyway this was my "second" ride since I have been here, I just hope it gets better soon. I'm already trying to figure out how the hell I'm getting back to Germany...*** DOO DOO *** I'll make sandwiches at the commissary if I have to. Sad Mad Evil or Very Mad No scratch Sad Sad Sad
2NINER
2NINER

Number of posts : 1302
Your Current Location : Roseville, CA...dream'en of Rodalben, Trail 3, beer and brats!
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.ninerbikes.com/index.asp

Back to top Go down

American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! Empty Re: American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Crazy snow here Chris! Riding has been a challenge. Accum is 8+" and coming down like hell right now! Have an off road duathlon in Trier on the 21st...hopefully I can get some other RACCers to join. Take care man.

Back to top Go down

American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!! Empty Re: American River Bike Trail...Folsom to Sacramento...P.O.S.!!!

Post by 2NINER Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Ahhh...I have fond memories on T-4, lots of snow, cold as heck and Big Wave Dave in some serious hurting status because of the weather, but it was a great ride...good luck with the d-thon.
2NINER
2NINER

Your Current Location : Roseville, CA...dream'en of Rodalben, Trail 3, beer and brats!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadyatbest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 pm

2NINER, we need you to make a Space A trip back and lead some winter rides right now. It has been tough to get out of the door with all the snow. Even the Nevagal's are having trouble with this weather.
Shadyatbest
Shadyatbest
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 692
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-09

http://connect.garmin.com/explore?owner=zachrichter

Back to top Go down

Post by 2NINER Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 am

Man do I wish...may be planning SIS 10. Not sure yet but, if we make it to Germany this year it will be for SIS!!!!
2NINER
2NINER

Back to top Go down

Post by Fujirider Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:42 pm

I know this is an old topic (but just returned from a deployment), but since you are in that area, try these rides if you haven't yet:
Auburn-The Olmstead Loop (usually a race in Feb there and a 24 hr in May), The Auburn Loop, near the lake, Stage Coach and the connection trail to the Auburn Loop is off that one.
Salmon Falls-where the American River dumps into the lake.
Grass Valley-Downieville and about 1K other trails there and the race in Sept(?)
Tahoe-Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Flume, the Rim Loop and all the ski resorts (don't use the chair lift-North Star was the best, but Kirkwood has a couple races).
Calistoga-Annandale, Lake Sonoma (series races), Cobb mountain (8 hour race in the spring-http://www.bikemonkey.net-Carlos is a good guy).
Napa-Skyline (entry fee-small-but worth doing once), Angwin College (a must!!).
Mt Tam-lame fire roads-the single track is illegal and they have trail cops on horses.
Sea Otter-April
There is more, but I can't remember right now. I spent 12 years racing there.
Fujirider
Fujirider
DFL

Number of posts : 4
Your Current Location : Spangdahlem
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://fujibikes.com/2008/bikes.asp?id=444

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down