The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl...

2 posters

Go down

Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... Empty Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Anyone planning on getting in an evening ride at G-woog or L-Stuhl?

I might be able to get in a quick 1.5 hour ride after work if anyone is interested..

Also, anyone know how the treails are in either location? did the snow and ice mostly clear int he few warm days we had?

Back to top Go down

Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... Empty Re: Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl...

Post by Shadyatbest Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Sorry Jonesy, just got your message. Did you make it out? If the weather is descent this weekend I may head out. I heard the trails were still pretty snowy...does anyone have any updates?
Shadyatbest
Shadyatbest
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 692
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-09

http://connect.garmin.com/explore?owner=zachrichter

Back to top Go down

Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl... Empty Re: Anyone Riding tonight? G-woog OR landstuhl...

Post by Sharpbike Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Got your message to late. I will let you know how the trail are tomorrow since I should be riding to work agian. Finally got at the extra running around done. I hope all goes well maybe we can get out this weekend.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 am

Ok so on the way in to work from Stelzenberg the trail was horrible. Frozen snow about 6 inchs and then the footstep of people that walked the trail. On the logging road had car tracks to follow so not to bad. The lower I got the better the trail was except for where the snow did not melt away. Could be for some interesting MTBing on the weekend. I think I will take the road all the way home tonight.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 am

I never did make it out to G Woog Tue. My plans got wifed-out (and yes I mean wifed-out not wiped-out)

I did get out yesterday morning and this morning.

Yesterday I rode the trails near weilerbach. they were really clear and in pretty darn good shape. They're no treasure trove of singletrack, but not too shabby for a weekday morning workout ride.

I went out this morning too. I had everyhting loaded up and was just about ready to go before the snow started coming down. Since I was pretty much committed at that point I went ahead and rode despite the conditions. This times trails over near hochspeyer and K-Town east. This time the trails were a little more sketchy and there was more leftover icy snow from previous snowfalls. Still not a bad ride, but REALLY cold and the tipps of my toes demanded that I end the ride at just an hour or so.

If it stays cold, I think the new snowfall will make the trails more rideable. I don't mind fresh soft snow, I'm just a little nervouse when its frozen over icy stuff....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down