The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
A RACC PRESIDENT! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

A RACC PRESIDENT!

+3
zenkem
theDude76
krocko1
7 posters

Go down

A RACC PRESIDENT! Empty A RACC PRESIDENT!

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 am

I'm thinking we should have a president. And no I'm not thinking it should be me Very Happy . But I do think the Racc could be a bit better organized lol.(regular beer rides for instance) No seriously someone with time to put all the stuff together. A civilian perhaps? Suspect I know some of you agree. So lets get some responses, some nominations. Preferably someone who's not going to be deployed,TDY,PCSING or ETSing in the next year or so! I want to know what you think?
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Number of posts : 251
Your Current Location : Quidersbach
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

A RACC PRESIDENT! Empty Re: A RACC PRESIDENT!

Post by theDude76 Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 am

I think a president is a good idea, or maybe just a group of 3 to 5 RACCers that meet once or twice a month to discuss and plan things out. But I guess you would need one head guy/gal to make the final call on some issues. I think a little organization would not hurt in a few areas. I guess the RACC is ok, but it has potential to be a lot more then what it is at the moment. I would like to see more beer rides or maybe organized group trips to other trails here in the area and maybe some road trips. Cool
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:23 am

Here’s my 2€, The RACC dose need a President to be the “Go-To-Guy or Gal” when it comes to representing the best interest of the RACC.

Although this individual should not be the sole voice of the RACC. I think it would be in the best interest of the club to be ran by committee. If you start bringing in sponsorship and spending money on club events you're not going to be able to keep everyone in the RACC happy all of the time. No matter how the club is ran you will always have someone that does not like what is going on and to only have one person to point the finger at is not fare to that person…just my 2€ worth…
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Number of posts : 249
Your Current Location : Hermersberg
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:30 am

So why not you Kendal... as a retiree who doesn't have a REAL job (I mean school teacher... c'mon really?... Wink you seem to be the most involved person.

I agree with the idea of a committee... but I do think we need to maintain perspective and keep it fairly simple.

Here's my recommendation:
1-Elect a pres. He's the primary coordinator etc.

2-Establish an all-volunteer steering committee. IF you want to be ont he committee, you're on the commitee., show up at the meetings and you're in... don't show and you're out (for that meeting)

3-If there's a decision etc. to be made 'on behalf of the club' the pres posts what the decision is, and a time and location for the steering committee to meet (preferably one that serves beer) and the comittee votes. I recommend in-person voting/committee, because then those who REALLY are concerned/invested will be the ones involved... anyone with an opinon can vote in an online forum, you have to really care about it to show up in person for a meeting

4-Finally, the pres can ask certain folks, or folks can volunteer to be project officers for certain things (i.e. jerseys, or organizing a RACC-sponsored event etc.)

Thoughts...

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 am

Jonesy wrote:So why not you Kendal... as a retiree who doesn't have a REAL job (I mean school teacher... c'mon really?... Wink you seem to be the most involved person.

I agree with the idea of a committee... but I do think we need to maintain perspective and keep it fairly simple.

Here's my recommendation:
1-Elect a pres. He's the primary coordinator etc.

2-Establish an all-volunteer steering committee. IF you want to be ont he committee, you're on the commitee., show up at the meetings and you're in... don't show and you're out (for that meeting)

3-If there's a decision etc. to be made 'on behalf of the club' the pres posts what the decision is, and a time and location for the steering committee to meet (preferably one that serves beer) and the comittee votes. I recommend in-person voting/committee, because then those who REALLY are concerned/invested will be the ones involved... anyone with an opinon can vote in an online forum, you have to really care about it to show up in person for a meeting

4-Finally, the pres can ask certain folks, or folks can volunteer to be project officers for certain things (i.e. jerseys, or organizing a RACC-sponsored event etc.)

Thoughts...

Agreed, Well said...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 am

@ Jonesy Sounds pretty good.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm

I agree, in theory, with the previous posts. Having officers would give the club some stability and direction. The RACC is a diverse group of novice riders, experienced racers, mountain bikers, roadies, beer meisters...etc. Some formal organization would help overcome inertia when it comes to putting on events, attending certain rides/races in larger groups, organizing picnics/gatherings or supporting charities.

I would second the motion to have regular meetings to make decisions by some sort of quorum vote. Those who care will make the effort to be there and contribute.

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I second that motion! Very Happy I just want to ride my bike man Shocked
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Woohoo!!!!

Meetings and BEER!!!!!!

I'm in. drunken Cool
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Bilaws should be written to gaurantee that all meetings and large events are accompanied by a pre-established ratio of beer to people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:44 pm

I nominate theDude76 (Steve).

Steve 2010!!
Daniel
Daniel
Domestique

Number of posts : 43
Your Current Location : Waldfischbach, Germany
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by K-fly Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Daniel wrote:I nominate theDude76 (Steve).

Steve 2010!!

Ride our bikes AND drink some tastey beer?! YES WE CAN! STEVE 2010!
Kendal VP. haha

Last edited by K-fly on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
K-fly
K-fly
Domestique

Number of posts : 36
Your Current Location : Ramstein AB
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Dude can I be your running mate lol Twisted Evil ! I promise to always show up late!? But I'll at least show up Laughing
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Shouldn't we also look at DEROS for pres. Not put someone in there who is leaving next year. When it stands up you want someone who can put a couple years of continuity before he leaves.
spookyload
spookyload
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 110
Your Current Location : Weilerbach
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am

I second the nomination of theDude76. All in favor say "aye."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 am

spookyload wrote:Shouldn't we also look at DEROS for pres. Not put someone in there who is leaving next year. When it stands up you want someone who can put a couple years of continuity before he leaves.
No no no... The qualifications should definitely have more to do with BEER than continuity, capability, devotion yadda yadda yadda....

OK so let's throw it out there, does anyone seriously want to take a shot at presidentiating this thing? and we promise not to call you a DORK if you do... okay, we don't promise, and probably WILL call you a dork for sayin' "I wanna be president." But, seriously we need someone who has the time to give to it, the basic ability to run something like this, the continuity of at least a couple of years.. and probably most importantly.. WANTS to do it.

If that's YOU Dude, I'm all for it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am

Oh, and consider me an AYE if the Dude76 is serious about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

I am willing to give it a shot. I am not planning on leaving the country anytime soon so I should be around for a while.

Is anybody else out there interested in the job? Does anyone want to nominate someone else?

Kendall, your offer is accepted.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:18 am

Jonesy wrote:Oh, and consider me an AYE if the Dude76 is serious about it.

All in favor, say "AYE".... affraid

All apposed, say "AYE"... affraid

Alright, the AYE's have it....looks like we have a decision... Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am

theDude76 wrote:I am willing to give it a shot. I am not planning on leaving the country anytime soon so I should be around for a while.

Is anybody else out there interested in the job? Does anyone want to nominate someone else?

Kendall, your offer is accepted.

DORK!

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Jonesy wrote:
theDude76 wrote:

DORK!

Yup, I expected that. Cool
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by El Zombo Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Having a pres is also helpful because it'll put a face on the group. Sort of like a POC. You guys have the Rodenbach race there. It's a great race, it's close and it's always fun. It used the be the Ramstein MWR race and it was really easy because everything is already set up. Tim Stevens just created a sep. list and extracted MWR riders. The biggest problem he ran into this year was there was not POC. It also helps with base events and anything else you do there. The RACC has HUGE potential--the location, the large population, the riding, the lack of fighter jet flying schedules. Get a POC and some help set up and you'll be well on your way.
At Spangdahlem we have great support from the Fitness Center and Outdoor Rec. We just don't have a lot of riders (or we're scaring them off with the race talk--not sure). You could really do a lot there.
El Zombo
El Zombo
Domestique

Number of posts : 40
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://www.sabercycling.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down