The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
The New RACC / Team Concerns. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

The New RACC / Team Concerns.

+5
gxsoto
theDude76
spookyload
gsmolin
Sharpbike
9 posters

Go down

The New RACC / Team Concerns. Empty The New RACC / Team Concerns.

Post by Sharpbike Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello fellow RACCers. I know that when some people read this it they might get upset, but I have to speak my mind before the meeting to start the new era of the club. So let me get this started.

If we are going to be a club that wants to support cycling, then we need to attend the races that others put on. Examples, The Outdoor Recreation on Pulaski put on a MTB and Road race in our own back yard. We had 5-6 people in the MTB and 4 in the RR. The Spang race had three in the MTB and a handful in the RR. Mannheim had 5 for the crit. How can we expect for others come to our race if we don’t support them? These races are for us. If we continue to not participate in them they will go away. I know that everyone doesn’t race or other things come up. The Idea is to get a bunch of cyclist together and have a good time. We can get with the organizers about putting in a hobby or beginner class so the ones that don’t race all the time can still have fun and the race organizers get more participation.

Now with that said, what do you, as the members, want to do with the RACC ? I have heard that the team wants to put on trips, and races with prizes and sponsors. I am for all of this. I have been on racing teams that had sponsors. The sponsors looked at how many people show to events because the more people that participate, the more exposure the sponsor gets.

I have a couple if Ideas which comes from how we ran our team that I was on. First we should have a small amount of membership fees, to pay for the website, and to ensure that we get individuals that are committed to the club. Another item is to commit to assist in setting up and run the race that the club puts on. Set up a team that want to race MTB or Road or both and sign a commitment to race at least five race that year. You will be required to setup and lead a group ride for all nonmembers or new cyclist in the area.

This is just the start of things to come. I will get with our web manager to find out the total cost so that will can at least start collecting to pay for the website.

I hope this does not deter anybody from wanting to be a member of the RACC. But I just want to get off to a clean start and make for a great club and Team.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

The New RACC / Team Concerns. Empty Re: The New RACC / Team Concerns.

Post by gsmolin Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:23 pm

I think those are great thoughts and ideas; I'd be happy to throw some coin in the hat to keep the RACC going. I'd also race when job < family permits next summer.

FWIW, I know there was some talk of getting local businesses or whatever to sponsor the jerseys (or something like that), but look at all the free advertising we're giving to all those online bike shops on the left of the screen.

I'm no computer guy and wouldn't have an idea how this would work, but couldn't these businesses be approached and ask for some coin to support the website since we're giving them free advertising on our forum? Just an idea.

-George

gsmolin
Weight-Weenie

Number of posts : 62
Your Current Location : Hauptstuhl
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:39 am

Might work. We have chosen to put those there though to aide visitors to the website without their knowledge, but it might work. The overseas military card might work too.
spookyload
spookyload
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 110
Your Current Location : Weilerbach
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 am

Jim,

Thank you for the application to be team race promoter/coach/cheerleader/racer. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing more of your good ideas at the meeting on Wednesday! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Not a problem I will voluteer to be the Race promoter, Coach And Racer! That is the easy part. Just getting individuals to commit and do things is another story.

Last edited by Sharpbike on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Velo-Doc wrote:Jim,

Thank you for the application to be team race promoter/coach/cheerleader/racer. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing more of your good ideas at the meeting on Wednesday! Laughing

Sounds pretty good.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Velo-Doc wrote:
Jim,

Thank you for the application to be team race promoter/coach/cheerleader/racer. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing more of your good ideas at the meeting on Wednesday!

Sounds pretty good.

Sharpbike wrote:Not a problem I will voluteer to be the Race promoter, Coach And Racer! That is the easy part. Just getting individuals to commit and do things in another story.

We will work on the commit part. Maybe if we put together a set schedule of the races next year not just posts on the calander, it will be easier for people to plan and commit. Or set up reminders at the beginning of the month for all of the races taking place. I dont know. just a few ideas.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gxsoto Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Speaking of commit part. This coming Saturday will be the Championship USAFE Series at Hohenfels. Who's going?

gxsoto
Domestique

Number of posts : 33
Your Current Location : Ramstein
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by aggroflatty Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

I wish I could make it, but I'll be on a Mediterranean cruise with the family. Good luck to everyone competing!
aggroflatty
aggroflatty
Domestique

Number of posts : 58
Your Current Location : Sembach
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by skirsten Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:27 pm

I think that's a good idea to get a set schedule so that people can build them in to their calendars. I agree with you that it's important to support other people's efforts so that they continue to have the races!

skirsten
Weight-Weenie

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:26 pm

The first posting of this years schedule for the 2010 US Armed Forces Mountain Biking season was on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Then the Poster of the approved schedule was bosted Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 am and is located in the event gallery.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by skirsten Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Cool thanks. I think in the back of my mind I'm also wondering about road races. Do you know if they were posted as well?

skirsten
Weight-Weenie

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bcane98 Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while... In regards to the website... this site was created with the mindset to bring riders in, not a team only, although I can set it up so that there is a forum dedicated directly to team members only; if that is what you want. There was an idea on the plate to open this to all DoD cycling org's across the European theater, but they all seemed to start their own thing. No worries, less admin overhead IMO.

Although I have not been on any rides this year, well at least with the RACC, I like the idea of the club going a more official route... I think they did this back in 90's or something, so it will be good to get it official either way.

The one thing that I have seen that gets in the way all the time is 3 things; Time, Money, Job... family sometimes, but not a regular.

If you want dues it should be in 2 forms... Team and Hobiest (per say).

The Team dues of course would be higher simply becuase you're gonna need to $$$$ to secure transport, jerserys, fuel, etc etc etc.

The Hobbiest who will be on their own, well their dues should be significantly lower of course and mainly be for the website fees and small overhead like that. I had suggested early on that we collect dues for people to post to the gallery, which this could be lumped in with the Hobbiest fees...

I kow you might think WTH... this guy is stupid and needs to booted from the site... it is my love child LOL. Again the site was created to bring all types of riders in, be a communication gateway for all riders regardless of status, and one spot for all to share ideas. Let's not lose sight of this otherwise the RACC will end up like it did... an e-mail chain and a group of guys just out to have fun.

Good Luck and hopefully see you when I get back...

L8Rs
Rick
bcane98
bcane98
Gear Masher

Number of posts : 1569
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Great idea bcane98 Im going to bring it up in tonights meeting if noone else does!
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Number of posts : 251
Your Current Location : Quidersbach
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down