The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
Tonights ride! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
Tonights ride! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
Tonights ride! EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
Tonights ride! EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
Tonights ride! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
Tonights ride! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
Tonights ride! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
Tonights ride! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

Tonights ride!

+2
BIGWAVEDAVE
krocko1
6 posters

Go down

Tonights ride! Empty Tonights ride!

Post by krocko1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 am

Great weather to ride! Myself and Big Dave decided to ride from Qbacha to do the Landstuhl ride. Daves Got himself a bad ass baby-blue Air 9. The weather was good and the trail around the landstuhl was better. I got a chance to really give my new Reba a workout! And man whata feeling. I hope everyone gets a freakin Reba race. I don't really ride the castle much but there sure was some bangin single track near the hospital. Anyways great ride and I hope to see you guys around next week.
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Number of posts : 251
Your Current Location : Quidersbach
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Tonights ride! Empty Re: Tonights ride!

Post by BIGWAVEDAVE Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Kroc said it well. We had a good ride and a chance to explore the Landstuhl trails. Time to energize those LEDs people! Finally got the Niner together spending three months on mail order parts. The maiden voyage last night proved to me that 2-9er is here to stay, lightweight, agile, rolling power. I will post a picture soon. Chris Lockwood would be proud of this steed. Looking forward to more Tue/thur rides. Maybe we could change up and do a Rodalben nightride soon. Did they name the Rockshox Reba after country singer Reba McIntyre? Here's your one chance fancy don't let me down. Guitar breakdown----bis dann, BWD
BIGWAVEDAVE
BIGWAVEDAVE
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 111
Your Current Location : Ramstein AB
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm

What came out of the big red S issue? Did they replace it?
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slim83 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:02 pm

The Reba is named after the shop dog at rockshox. Not sure if the dog is named after the other Reba.
slim83
slim83
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 175
Your Current Location : bann
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fjaws Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

BIGWAVEDAVE wrote: Finally got the Niner together spending three months on mail order parts. I will post a picture soon.

Is this an Air 9 in glow-in-the-dark, Atomic Blue? Got one recently as a replacement for my cracked Kermit green Air 9. Let's see the photos! Curious to see your build. Will post mine later along with the new Air 9 Carbon (once it's built!) Air 9 Carbon is going to be a dream...no expense spared. Sram XX, Edge Carbon bar, stem, post, AC wheels. A couple more packages and the build will begin. cheers

fjaws
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 105
Your Current Location : Rota, Spain
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by BIGWAVEDAVE Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:20 pm

FPaws, I will post pics this weekend of the Air 9. My is a pretty economic build. But very light durable, with C29ssmax wheels, Thompson everything, RSReba XX, left my SRAM X-9 drivetrain, XT crank, derailer. Will invest in a new drivetrain before spring All XX.
I cracked my S-works 29er after 4 rides and Special--ed is doing a goodwill exchange with thier 2011 frame. Waiting to see how this will play out in Jan/Feb timeframe. I must say though, the XX is a superior system capitalizing on all the great qualities of SRAM performance. First of it's kind and well worth the investment. It's like "Black Magik" as some reviewers say. Spot on when shifting, braking, powering, changing gears while climbing, and attacking. No disappointments there!
BIGWAVEDAVE
BIGWAVEDAVE
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 111
Your Current Location : Ramstein AB
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fjaws Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Mine's in the gallery now. Air 9 Carbon will probably be another 2 weeks....been waiting for ever for the wheels! Crying or Very sad

fjaws
Bagging a Peak

Back to top Go down

Post by 2NINER Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Sweet! Niners everywhere, gotta love it. Looks like I'll be in the market for a One 9 soon, just gotta convince the wife ha, ha. Anyway post pics BWD and I want to see the car bones man!!!
2NINER
2NINER

Number of posts : 1302
Your Current Location : Roseville, CA...dream'en of Rodalben, Trail 3, beer and brats!
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.ninerbikes.com/index.asp

Back to top Go down

Post by fjaws Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Did you ever get your IMBA version built Chris?

fjaws
Bagging a Peak

Back to top Go down

Post by 2NINER Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 am

fjaws, haven't built up the IMBA MCR9, frame is just to sweet to build right now, but as you can see, my next build will be by ONE9...all parts are ready to go but the off duty supervisor tells me I have to wait until Santa comes to town! This is NINER # 4, the the ONE9 Carbon will have to wait until retirement time in '12. Picked up the ONE9 frame at NINER HQ in North Hollywood, Chris and the crew down there are great down to earth guys, looking to make a trip and go on a ride with them in the future. Anyway I'll post picks once it's built up. To the extended NINER family...get the Big Wheels rollin'!

Tonights ride! Imgp0610
2NINER
2NINER

Number of posts : 1302
Your Current Location : Roseville, CA...dream'en of Rodalben, Trail 3, beer and brats!
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.ninerbikes.com/index.asp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down