The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k

3 posters

Go down

PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k Empty PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k

Post by spoke537 Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:50 am

Papa Guth -Your girl is STILL causing problems from two Olympics ago??? I love you

from cyclingnews.com
Haywood awarded damages for losing Olympic nomination
Sue Haywood

Photo ©️: Bill McCarrick
American mountain bike racer Susan Haywood was awarded over $300,000 in damages by a US Federal Judge on Thursday for being unfairly being removed from the USA Olympic team in 2004.

Haywood was originally nominated to the US team by USA Cycling, but an appeal launched by fellow competitor Mary McConneloug overturned the nomination.

Haywood then filed a counter-appeal, but lost when an arbitrator decided that 15 points that Haywood earned in an Idaho UCI race which never were submitted to the UCI shouldn't have factored into her points total in the Olympic selection.

A West Virginia jury awarded Haywood $318,647.14 in compensation, $18,647.14 of which were expenses incurred to fight USA Cycling's decision and the remainder in damages.

"After the Jury returned its verdict, Susan was grateful for the Judge and Jury finally acknowledging what she knew all along – that she was the rightful nominee to the 2004 Athens Olympics," a press release from her lawyers stated. "Sue pursued this case seeking to bring the issues to light in the hopes that mistakes such as this will not occur in the future."

"No verdict or court can ever give me what USA Cycling took," the release quoted Haywood. "It is my hope that this outcome will send a message to USA Cycling that it needs take its job as seriously and work as hard as those athletes who pursue the dream to represent the United States at the Olympics."
spoke537
spoke537
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 625
Your Current Location : Denver, CO
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.theRACC.com

Back to top Go down

PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k Empty Re: PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k

Post by USCFROADIE Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 am

The really sad part of that whole ordeal is that the best rider was nowhere near contention to make the team because of an injury sustained early on in the year. Allsion deserved the spot...again.

What a crappy situation for all of the riders...but what a kick butt DVD - Off Road to Athens
USCFROADIE
USCFROADIE
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 125
Your Current Location : Hill AFB, UT
Registration date : 2007-12-17

http://www.litespeed.com/bikes/vortex.aspx

Back to top Go down

PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k Empty Re: PapaGuth's Girl, Sue Haywood, Gets 300k

Post by Chopperguth Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah...I'd say she deserves the right to bitch:) Bottom line is she had more UCI points than Mary. Unfortunatly USA Cycling is a bunch of idiots that never submitted the points from Idaho:( I think the arbitrator ruled the way he did because Mary never really new how much points she really needed. I've been fortunate enough to see both ladies race and I can honestly say Sue is the stronger of the two. As for Allison goes she was in the same boat as Shonny V and Shonny was clearly was the strongest than them all:) Juyst my 2 cents!
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by spoke537 Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

I was rooting for Mary but I think Allison deserved it the most. Shonny was my favorite, though, for signing my DVD and petting the Eddie Monster (and for being smokin' hot).

Turns out Sue got the best deal. Which would you rather have? A chance to race for umteenth place on a shitty olypmic course or $300k? That's an easy choice for me!
spoke537
spoke537
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 625
Your Current Location : Denver, CO
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.theRACC.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum