The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
First ride in NC EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
First ride in NC EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
First ride in NC EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
First ride in NC EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
First ride in NC EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
First ride in NC EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
First ride in NC EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
First ride in NC EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

First ride in NC

4 posters

Go down

First ride in NC Empty First ride in NC

Post by Chopperguth Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Well I was able to get my first ride in in Fayetteville. They have a nice little section near the base (Smith Lake), It's about 9 miles in all and is broken down into skill level. I must say that it's no Rodalben or anything but it is all single track:) It's also pretty flat here and the hills are pretty much just quick ups. There is alot of loose sand and it's quite rooty. I think that i'm going to switch out the rear cog and run a 32/18 or 17 and see how that go.

On another note we found a house in Sanford NC and will close the deal on 4 March. I must say....this area is quite different to where I grew up! I think that we are going to be quite happy here. The weather has been in the 70's last week but have dropped to the 50's today:) We will have an extra room so if you're ever passing through give us a shout!

I have also decided to get my buisness license and plan on operating a Bike Studio. I'll advertise in the local paper and sell bikes by appointment only. I figure I'll stick to a couple of brands and really focus on the commuter market. Once I'm up and running I'll let you all know. I can assure you that my prices will be much cheaper as I won't have any overhead and will be operating out of my home office:)

Later,
D.G
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

First ride in NC Empty Re: First ride in NC

Post by Sharpbike Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Glad to hear that you found a house. You need to send some of that warm weather over here. Got more snow again that make the whole week that we have had snow and still in the high 20's to mid 30's. Makes it hard to get out and ride. What brand of bikes are you thinking about. A studio might be a good idea, what kind of location do you have? Populated or not. Take care
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatersplace Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 am

Dave,

When I get back to my tools...I'll be your machinist for your shop.
Slatersplace
Slatersplace
Weight-Weenie

Number of posts : 94
Your Current Location : Waldfishbach-Burgalben Germany (Deployed to Al Udeid till Jun 10)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

http://www.litespeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chopperguth Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Andy....Sounds good! I'll be getting with the local govt. & getting all the permits I will need:)

On another note... Here in the near future Pope AFB is closing and they are only going to keep a squadron here. From what I understand is there's a base in Goldsboro and they will be the support base. I'm not sure what the tempo will be but it can't we any worse that Ramstein:)
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sm0keyj0e Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Chopperguth,

Jerry from Ramstein....new to Ramstein and just leaving the Fayetteville area. Check out Governor's Creek and Sanlee Park. Also, Hog Run up off US Highway 1 at Harris lake is good as well. There are some good trails in the area. Here is a good website.

http://www.trianglemtb.com/

Enjoy

sm0keyj0e
DFL

Number of posts : 2
Your Current Location : Ramstein
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://www.mtbr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content