The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride!

+5
eurotrash
spookyload
Sharpbike
zenkem
krocko1
9 posters

Go down

How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! Empty How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride!

Post by krocko1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:19 pm

OK so Ive got an empty apartment above mine that I rent! And was thinking now that i have the sufferfest stuff that it would be a great idea to have some indoor group rides when the weather gets bad. Or making it a regular thing during the week. I have enough space for about ten trainers to set up and can hook up some speakers and the big tv and we can go to town. What do you think.
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Number of posts : 251
Your Current Location : Quidersbach
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! Empty Re: How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride!

Post by zenkem Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm game as long as the rides are MTB friendly... Smile

I hope your sound system is louder then my trainer though...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Number of posts : 249
Your Current Location : Hermersberg
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride! Empty Re: How about and indoor reacuring no drop ride!

Post by Sharpbike Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I am in just don't drop me on the climbs!

When do you want to start them?

Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Number of posts : 657
Your Current Location : Stelzenberg
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:15 pm

I have done this in past clubs. Very fun. Lots easier to chat with guys when you aren't getting dropped. One big tip would be lots of fans. You have to get the air moving in the room, even if the window is open, fans!
spookyload
spookyload
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 110
Your Current Location : Weilerbach
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Forgot make sure you have lots of fluids! BEER !
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Got a doorway for my rollers? Razz

I got the rest of the SufferFest vids today... repeated the downward spiral... Lovin' it.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Domestique

Number of posts : 30
Your Current Location : Landstuhl
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for the advice about fans! I only have one tall oscillating fan. I'll go buy a few more. And how about every Wed. Unless posted. Starting in Nov. 630-730 since its just hour long workouts! O and if someone has a kickbutt workout vid we can toss it in for FRESHness!!! Very Happy O and yes I have a door way and at least to other walls that people can use to get started there roller lol.
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

I own them all now too lol!
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by skirsten Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:14 am

I may be interested. Sounds like fun and a good way to keep up the training over the winter!

skirsten
Weight-Weenie

Number of posts : 65
Your Current Location : Ramstein
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tijealp Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am

I’m down, this sounds like fun. I have a ton of spin videos that I can bring to the cause as well. When would be the first session???

tijealp
tijealp
Captain Crash

Number of posts : 347
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedWeRide Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Hey guys, if your interested I have a Kinetic Rock n Roll trainer and riser ring that I could loan to the group since I will be in Afghanistan. That and I trust my man Kendall will make sure it doesnt get trashed!
UnitedWeRide
UnitedWeRide
Captain Crash

Number of posts : 329
Your Current Location : Baumholder
Registration date : 2009-04-20

http://www.united-we-ride.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 pm

I am in need of a trainer. I'll keep an eye on it for ya if you like.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 am

I think he ment for it to be used for the wed night suferfest rides! Well thats cool that makes two extra trainers.
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by skirsten Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 am

I have a "newbie" question. Can trainers be hooked up to moutain bikes or are they limited to road bikes?

skirsten
Weight-Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 am

I you can do MTB on trainers I would recommend you get a different tire for it. I have an couple of tires that I don't use that would work Knobbies are loud and the trainer will eat the tire very fast. You might want to get an extra rear wheel (cheap) so that you would not have change the tire when you want to ride the trails.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike
Potential Organ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 am

I picked up a 26" road (slick) tire from a German dept store for €7 which works fine with my trainer. The only thing is the adjustment on the trainer is almost maxed out because of the smaller 26" wheel...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Number of posts : 249
Your Current Location : Hermersberg
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 am

Since we have a social/meeting Very Happy On Wed the 3rd of Nov. I was thinking about doing the indoor training on Tue the 2nd unless the weather is superb. Cool
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by skirsten Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Thank you!

skirsten
Weight-Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down