The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour????

3 posters

Go down

Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? Empty Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour????

Post by Chopperguth Sat May 16, 2009 4:52 am

Exclusive: AFLD Alleges New Astana Improprieties; Astana Unlikely at Tour de France
04.16.2009 | 9:02 am

PARIS - In a startling turn of events today, the French Anti-doping Agency (AFLD) announced it is proceeding with disciplinary action toward several key members of Team Astana, essentially eliminating any chance the Kazakhstan-based cycling team has of competing in the 2009 Tour de France.

The extraordinary sequence of events began approximately one month ago, when an agent of AFLD asked Lance Armstrong for blood, urine, and hair samples. According to Armstrong, the American cycling star — having just returned from a long training ride — then evidently requested and obtained permission to take a shower while the AFLD representative’s credentials were verified.

Today, however, AFLD president Pierre Bordry revealed that there is much more to the story.

“Yes, Armstrong did ask to take a shower,” stated Bordry, “But he did not follow up by saying, ‘Mother may I?’”

Continued the AFLD official, “If Armstrong had correctly followed the protocol clearly stated in the Mother May I (MMI) handbook, he would not be in the trouble he is in. Because we totally would not have said, ‘Yes you may.’”

Concluded Bordry, “Armstrong purports to be a professional cyclist. If he doesn’t know how [MMI] is played, that’s his own problem and he’ll have to deal with the consequences. As you recall, Mr. Armstrong himself recently said, ‘It’s their event, their country, and their rules, and we have to play by those.’ Well, Mr. Armstrong, here in France we play MMI. And until you hear ‘Yes you may,’ you most certainly may not.”

Contador Out Too

In a press conference today, the AFLD announced that Armstrong is not the only Astana team member in hot water. Said a spokesman for the AFLD, “Today, in a routine out-of-competition collection, one of our representatives requested that Astana team member Alberto Contador fill up a sample bottle with urine.”

Continued the spokesman, “At this point, Contador immediately complied. However, the AFLD had not preceded the request by saying ‘Simon says.’”

“The rules are clear and unequivocal,” concluded the spokesman. “You don’t do anything until you hear ‘Simon says.’ Contador is banned from all professional cycling for two years, effective immediately.”

“It’s true. He totally got me,” said the Tour de France winner and former hopeful. “I had nailed each of the instructions leading up to this — roll up my sleeves, stand on one foot, shave my left armpit — but he got me on that last one.”

Said Contador ruefully, “Man, sometimes these French drug controls can be really tricky.”

More Problems for Astana

Armstrong and Contador — arguably two of the strongest podium contenders for the 2009 Tour de France — are not the only Astana members facing charges from the AFLD. According to the press release sent out today, other violations from the team include:

Levi Leipheimer: Refusing to provide a hair sample. “In my defense,” said Leipheimer, “I didn’t actually refuse to provide a hair sample. I simply don’t have any hair. What were my options?”
Andreas Kloden: Failure to acknowledge that Jerry Lewis is a comedic genius. Kloden defended himself, saying, “I have watched The Nutty Professor, the Patsy, and The Family Jewels. I tried to find the humor in them. I really did. But it’s all just mugging and variations on one silly voice. How is that funny?” “If you don’t get it, just say so,” retorted the AFLD spokesman.
Chris Horner: Eating Hot Pockets. “Those things are an abomination and we will not permit anyone who eats such things in our country,” said Bordry.
AFLD Not Done

Once in contention for an unprecedented podium sweep at the Tour de France, Astana is now unlikely to participate in the race at all. But the AFLD housecleaning is far from over. “Unfortunately,” said Bordry, “there are many more non-French teams who have exhibited suspect behavior.”

Concluded Bordry, “We will not rest until all these nefarious cyclists have been removed from contention, making way for a truly clean team — such as Ag2r-La Mondiale, Agritubel, Bouygues Télécom, Cofidis, Crédit Agricole, or Française des Jeux — to take its rightful place on the podium on the Champs-Élysées.”
Chopperguth
Chopperguth
Nirvana

Number of posts : 796
Your Current Location : Sanford, NC
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? Empty Re: Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour????

Post by bcane98 Sat May 16, 2009 7:06 am

LMAO... I almost believed it too Laughing
bcane98
bcane98
Gear Masher

Number of posts : 1569
Your Current Location : Germany
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour???? Empty Re: Lance Armstrong, Contador & Astana out of the tour????

Post by UnitedWeRide Sat May 16, 2009 10:47 am

yeah me too!!
UnitedWeRide
UnitedWeRide
Captain Crash

Number of posts : 329
Your Current Location : Baumholder
Registration date : 2009-04-20

http://www.united-we-ride.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down