The RACC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cyclemeter for the Iphone
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm by jusdvd

» Looking for Backcountry Ski Partner
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am by ski&run

» Schlaflos im Sattel 2011
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm by tijealp

» Happy New Year's to the Woog!
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm by tijealp

» MTB Marathons 2011
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm by sjoerd

» Day after Turkey Day ride
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 pm by spookyload

» The Sunday Stew Road Ride
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm by Sharpbike

» RACC meeting
RACC Kits - New Developments EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm by Sharpbike

RACC Kits - New Developments

+7
Daniel
fjaws
slim83
theDude76
zenkem
krocko1
jvanhuis
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RACC Kits - New Developments Empty RACC Kits - New Developments

Post by jvanhuis Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Sorry for the long delay, I've been in the states and otherwise occupied for more than a few weeks now. In that time a proposal for new jerseys was brought forward by Franks. Please read through this and post if you would be interested, don't need a commitment now, just trying to see if there is enough interest to pursue this.

Full disclosure - Erik (Slim83) works part time at Franks and got this rolling.

Frank's is interested in carrying RACC clothing made by Northwave (they currently do this for other clubs in the area). Northwave would do the designing and we approve the proof. Frank's shop logo would be on the jersery somewhere, but they would also keep clothing in stock for new members or for existing members to buy more. Frank's currently stocks all the Northwave clothing so you could go in and actually try it on before the initial order. I still have to get pricing from Frank but the jerseys should sell for 35-40 euro. Also whomever buys a jersey and is a member of RACC would get a club discount off of other merchandise at the shop. That detail still needs to be worked out but would probably be around 15% off (and you could still use VAT forms on top of that), but wouldn't be for every single item (i.e. some items are already too low to be marked down further), again details TBD. Available kits include all the standard items: Jerseys (sleeveless, short, long), shorts, knickers and long tights, all with or without bibs, winter jackets, rain jackets, etc. Franks carries all of these items so again you could go check out the quality and fit.

The old style kits are still available from Canari (and will be forever for that matter) so this isn't an either/or deal. Personally I'm interested in the new kits so I'll let Velo-doc take over on the Canari kits if anyone still wants one.

Please post if you're interested so we can move forward on this. Thanks.

Jamie

jvanhuis
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 125
Your Current Location : Landstuhl-Melkerei
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

RACC Kits - New Developments Empty Re: RACC Kits - New Developments

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 am

Had a chance to talk with Eric Tuesday about the offer from Frank. I think that this is a much better option than constant reorders from Canari. Especially since we can try things on at Franks before ordering. Like James, I also plan to go this route for my kits, but would be happy to supply information to anyone who wants to buy the old kits from Canari. Right now it's about 8wks go get the Canari gear. Thanks for getting this started Eric.

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 am

Just a few questions? Has there ever even been a second order? I know someone started one but what happened with the order? And is frank sponsoring the RACC. Because if that's the case we need to have more businesses on the Jerseys like the Bank of America or Volvo who might be interested in advertising on americans to make more money off of us Very Happy . Which should bring down the cost of an order from any jersey made from any company. And whats with not getting to vote on or have the opportunity to design ourselves. Saving a few bucks on on a jersey sounds nice. But what if we want a different one next year? Do we have to go to Frank and ask if we can have a new design? O and what about the conversion cost from dollars to Euro for full kitts?(price list would be nice) I agree we should have a new design however I believe the Racc should have a lot more to do with it other than putting it in the hands of an LBS. And letting it set the price and the standards. What do you think? Rolling Eyes
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Number of posts : 251
Your Current Location : Quidersbach
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:51 am

[Please read through this and post if you would be interested, don't need a commitment now, just trying to see if there is enough interest to pursue this

Its hard not to say something if your looking are interest lol. Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 am

I think it's a good idea as long as the RACC determines what the final product is going to look like....and there's that additional sponsor thing...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Number of posts : 249
Your Current Location : Hermersberg
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:52 am

I second what Zenke is saying. Will we be able to turn in our own ideas for the Jersey? I have a few ideas for the design/racc logo. I haven't put anything on paper, but I will soon.

If anyone is going to order one of the old jerseys, I am down for one.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Number of posts : 271
Your Current Location : ?
Registration date : 2010-04-25

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jvanhuis Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:40 am

I started talking about reorders because I just missed the initial order and had been waiting over a year and a half for a reorder. I contacted Chris and Dave several times all with no real success so I finally just called Canari myself and got it rolling. Those of you who feel strongly about controlling the jersey, by all means STEP UP AND TAKE IT OVER. I think additional sponsors would be sweet, but I don't have time to coordinate something like that so it's all yours. I'm out, good luck, and I look forward to purchasing the final product.

Jamie

jvanhuis
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 125
Your Current Location : Landstuhl-Melkerei
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:48 am

jvanhuis wrote:I started talking about reorders because I just missed the initial order and had been waiting over a year and a half for a reorder. I contacted Chris and Dave several times all with no real success so I finally just called Canari myself and got it rolling. Those of you who feel strongly about controlling the jersey, by all means STEP UP AND TAKE IT OVER. I think additional sponsors would be sweet, but I don't have time to coordinate something like that so it's all yours. I'm out, good luck, and I look forward to purchasing the final product.

Jamie

I wouldn't mind jumping in on a reorder myself...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by slim83 Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am

Just to clarify, we will get to design the jersey, pick the ideas, or whatever you want to call it. We then send our ideas to the company and they have a team that makes a proof of OUR ideas. They send a picture to us and we say yes or no. So we pick everything we want. The prices will be cheaper than the current Canari stuff and like anything else, if you choose to change the design later you must meet all new minimum orders.

I proposed this idea to Jamie because I thought it would be beneficial to everyone involved. It would allow better quality clothing that will be in stock when we want it, it will allow new or existing members to purchase clothing anytime they need it, it will also help bring more members to The RACC as 40% of Frank's customers are American and most don't know about The RACC, and in the end it gives you guys a set in stone discount and a relationship with a local shop that of course will benefit from the business.

It was an idea that was put out there for you guys to vote on. Nothing was set in stone and it can always be changed.
slim83
slim83
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 175
Your Current Location : bann
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fjaws Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:46 am

The idea doesn't really work if everyone wants a re-design of the jersey every year. Frank's kit would become obsolete every time the group decided to make a new jersey and of course anyone looking for kit would want the latest design, not the old stuff.

Sounds like a great idea, but one that requires a solid design that everyone likes and will stand the test of time.

fjaws
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 105
Your Current Location : Rota, Spain
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 pm

slim83 wrote:Just to clarify, we will get to design the jersey, pick the ideas, or whatever you want to call it. We then send our ideas to the company and they have a team that makes a proof of OUR ideas. They send a picture to us and we say yes or no. So we pick everything we want. The prices will be cheaper than the current Canari stuff and like anything else, if you choose to change the design later you must meet all new minimum orders.

It was an idea that was put out there for you guys to vote on. Nothing was set in stone and it can always be changed.

Thanks for clearing that up.

To me, that sounds like a pretty good plan. We just need to come up with a design to submit.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Ya know that's what I'm talking about. Great answers! Now design and price! I love it when a plan comes together! Wink
krocko1
krocko1
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Let's do a shirt design contest and vote on the best one.
Daniel
Daniel
Domestique

Number of posts : 43
Your Current Location : Waldfischbach, Germany
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLas Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I like the idea of having easier access to kits, riders join all year long, so its nice that they can get a jersey easily. Plus, the idea of getting some sponsers to help pay for gear and maybe start putting together some races would be awesome. I think it would be imporant to not limit ourselves to just one sponser (only letting Wheelsports put an advertisement on the jersey.) I am excited about the new found possibility of the expanding RACC, I mean doesn't everyone like a big RACC?

Small question: is it possible to get jerseys with full zip fronts? I have one like this and I really like it. Just my two cents,

BrianLas
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 108
Your Current Location : Kottweiler-Schwanden
Registration date : 2010-03-17

http://cyclingnews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:40 pm

He said..."Big RACC"!!!! Good one...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:54 am

Getting outside sponsors will be tough. Germans hate giving anything away. I just organized a unit Golf tournament and the absolute hardest part is getting them to release anything. Now exactly what would the return be for a sponsor? If you aren't going to put his name on a podium or have a chartered club benefiting the community in some way, you are going to have a real time getting any significant money out of a sponsor.

I like the idea of Frank's. He does a lot for the local riding, so giving something to him while getting a benefit for ourselves back is a win/win deal. The option of trying clothing on first is always a winner.
spookyload
spookyload
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 110
Your Current Location : Weilerbach
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:33 am

During a trailside discussion, the point was brought up, that we really ought to control the distro etc. of the clothing ourselves.

If we're a more organized club, then clothing with the club's logo etc. should be an internal function of the club to the greatest extent possible.

Kendal already did quite a bit of footwrk and got some SIGNIFICANT sponsors.. think with te sponsors, and certainly includign Frank as one of the sponsors, and controlling the ordering and distrobution of the clothing oruselves through the club, I think we'll be better off.

Just my two cents...

Seems like this might be a good first voting issue ofr the first pres./committee meeting....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 am

Sounds like there's a fair amount of support for going with Frank. I agree w/ being able to get more sponsors on the jersey if we want, and I don't think that will be a problem. Also, sponsors don't have to come from the German economy. I could see US companies which sell online, etc, throwing sponsorship our way. If there aren't any other major concerns, then let's get rolling so we can get some stuff in a reasonable amount of time. I think Eric can give the people at Northwave some ideas and they can put something together for us to decide on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

Point taken on voting. So let's decide on a place to meet and we can vote in the first officers. No dilly dallying.

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 am

I like the idea of Northwave. I am thinking we need to add Aerlites to the kit since I have been eyeballing a pair for a couple weeks now!
spookyload
spookyload
Bagging a Peak

Number of posts : 110
Your Current Location : Weilerbach
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

?

Last edited by theDude76 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 pm

i like the beer drinking werewolf...very German/underworldish. Better than anything I've put up yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by theDude76 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:24 pm

That is supposed to be a boar. scratch time to go to art school.
theDude76
theDude76
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:03 am

I was just messin with you bro...it's a far better boar than I could ever draw...keep the designs coming!

Back to top Go down

Post by zenkem Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I was messing around today at lunch and this is what I came up with...

RACC Kits - New Developments Slide111

Ok, sizing didn't work out but this is the result of an hour worth of work. I didn't wanna put much more into it if I wasn't on the right trail...
zenkem
zenkem
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next